How We Can Help If You Have
Charges Filed Against Your License
- You don’t have to do this alone! You will have unlimited access to your attorney via telephone/email and a “Client Happiness Manager” assigned to your case.
- You will be educated on the Board process and what to expect.
- You will have experience on your side. Brown Law Office has represented over 400 healthcare providers before the Licensing Boards and has knowledge of administrative law and Board precedent in similar matters. Brown Law Office has experience working with and knowledge of the Attorney General’s Office, Professional Licensing Agency as well as the Indiana Licensing Boards, including the Board of Nursing, Medical Licensing Board and Pharmacy Board.
- You will receive a legal assessment of your situation and help to develop the most effective strategy to defend your license.
- You will have an understanding of the entire process and will be prepared prior to a Pre-hearing Settlement Conference and/or a Hearing in front of the full Board.
- As your attorneys, Brown Law Office will handle all communications with the Attorney General’s Office and the Licensing Board on your behalf and provide you with protection from self-incrimination.
- Brown Law Office can also work with you to obtain supporting documentation including your employment file and the investigation file from the Attorney General’s Office as well as additional evidence to defend your license.
- You will be an active participant in the defense of your license because your opinion matters to us.
- Brown Law Office will prepare all legal documents, including pleadings, discovery and responses to the Attorney General’s discovery requests as well as taking witness statements and/or depositions.
- You will be kept informed and up to date on your matter. The staff of Brown Law Office will have weekly meetings to make sure your matter is moving towards a resolution.
- You will have assistance in identifying evidence and obtaining supporting documents, which may reduce possible discipline to your license, i.e. a reprimand instead of probation; probation instead of suspension.
- As your attorneys, Brown Law Office will negotiate a settlement in a light most favorable to you. You will have the final say as to whether you accept the settlement offer.
- You will be prepared for your hearing and questions you may be asked.
- You will know where to go, what to wear, where to park and what to bring, etc.
- You will be advised of the ramifications of settlement and/or discipline and its effect on licenses in other States, the National Practitioner Databank, and the Office of the Inspector General’s Exclusion List for Medicare and Medicaid.
- You will be given instructions on how to successfully comply with the Board’s Order.
- You will be provided with proactive strategies to protect your license in the future.
- You will be advised on how to handle job applications and renewal of your license.